Studies have shown that dark-skinned fruits and vegetables such as kale, spinach, beets, blueberries, raspberries, and cherries contain high antioxidant levels and help protect brain cells.
To increase fibre and healthy fat intake, add flaxseed, chia seeds and coconut oil to the menu. Here are our Top 2 Brain-Boosting Smoothie Recipes!
Blueberry Brain-Boost Smoothie
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 fresh, ripe banana
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, preferably soaked and drained
- Plus two scoops of Health Care formula
Combine the apple juice and banana in a blender. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth. Serves two.
- 1 cup milk (hemp almond, rice or organic 1% cow’s milk)
- 1 frozen banana, slightly thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- Plus one scoop of Health Care formula
Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend well. Serves one